Thursday, October 27, 2011

His Thursday must-watch (10/27)

I might be in the minority here, but I think Thursday nights are tough. There are a ton of solid shows that many people follow religiously that I just haven't gotten into, but probably should (Parks & Rec, Always Sunny, Community). There are others that have been around a long time that I never watched religiously and are past their prime (Grey's, The Office). There are a bunch of random shows that may or may not do well (Charlie's Angels, Prime Suspect). There are terrible shows that shouldn't be on the air (Private Practice, The Mentalist). And then there are shows that were cool when I was 10, went away for a while and then came back (Beavis and Butt-head...really?).

Well, last week I gave Whitney a shot, and it was ok. Definitely not as funny as some other new shows, and definitely has not found a home on the DVR. But I'm always willing to try new things.

That's why tonight I'm making Prime Suspect (10/9c, NBC) my must watch. Sure, there are more than enough New York cop dramas on TV, but at least half of them are entertaining. And sure, NBC has a track record for sucking me into a show and then ripping my heart out by either canceling it (Playboy Club), threatening to cancel it 10 times (Chuck) or selling it off so a cable station can carry episodes first (Friday Night Lights). But Maria Bello is a bad ass and Peter Berg (FNL) co-created it, so I'm thinking it has a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment